Kamala beach is a 2-kilometer tranquil beach located to the south of Surin beach. Its sand is moderately fine, along with a slower pace of life compared with such tourist magnets as Patong beach and Karon beach. Here is situated a tsunami memorial following the devastating tsunami in late 2004, entitled “Jit Jakkrawan”. There are accommodations, shops, and restaurants to cater to tourist needs.
- Not a crowded place, suitable for family-style holidays
- Many small restaurants with Thai and western cuisine
- A decent choice of small- to medium-sized hotels, as well as serviced apartments
- Shopping district, a lot of spas, mini bars
- Favorite haven for those looking for a long stay
- Pick-up/taxi joints
- The location of Phuket’s first themed park and cultural show “PhuketFantasea”